This breakfast bake is packed with fiber, protein and antioxidants. It is perfect for breakfast or as a quick snack on-the-go!
Plant-based – Gluten-free – Vegan
½ cup gluten-free flour
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
¼ tsp nutmeg
Dash of salt
2 small bananas, mashed
⅔ cup flax milk
2 flax eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp applesauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
Optional toppings: chocolate chips, mixed berries, chopped nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes
**Always check to make sure your ingredients/products are gluten-free and vegan (if desired) before purchasing as manufacturers may change ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ x 13” baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together: flours, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Mix together in a separate bowl: bananas, milk, flax eggs, vanilla, applesauce, and maple syrup.
4. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour batter into prepared dish. Add toppings of choice.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
-1 cup gluten-free flour can be used instead of the almond flour; however, this will reduce the protein and fiber content. Chickpea flour can also be used in place of half the almond flour.
-To make a flax egg, mix together 1 tbsp ground flax and 3 tbsp warm water. Let sit for 3-5 minutes to gel together. Makes 1 flax-egg.
-Any plant-based milk can be used in place of flax milk.