Carrot-oat cookies that are perfect as a snack or a breakfast on-the-go!
Carrot Oat Cookies
Plant-based – Gluten-free – Vegan
-½ cup chopped carrots
-2-3 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup
-¾ cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
-½ cup almond flour
-2 tablespoons chia seeds
-½ teaspoon baking powder
-¼ teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon allspice
-½ teaspoon cinnamon
-Optional: handful chopped pecans, walnuts, and/or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a high-powered blender, puree carrots with soy milk. Add in vanilla, lemon, and maple syrup.
3. In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add in optional ingredients.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 25-minutes and enjoy!
-Always check to make sure your ingredients/products are gluten-free and vegan (if desired) before purchasing as manufacturers may change ingredients.
-Recipe was tested with soy milk; however, other plant-based milks or water can be utilized.