Looking for a way to boost your fruit and veggie intake? Give these fruit and veggies muffins a try! Prep time is less than 10 minutes and they store well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Fruit & Veggie Muffins
Plant-based – Gluten-free – Vegan
Yield – 12 standard muffins
1 cup almond flour
1 cup chickpea flour
¼ cup ground flaxseeds
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Dash of salt
3 medium bananas
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1¼ cups shredded carrots
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with liners or grease well and set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree: bananas, applesauce, carrots, maple syrup, and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, chickpea flour, ground flaxseed, baking soda, spices and salt. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour batter into muffin trays, filling about 3/4’s of the way. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes and then store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
-Always check to make sure your ingredients/products are gluten-free and vegan (if desired) before purchasing as manufacturers may change ingredients.
-Chopped carrots can be used in place of the shredded. I found the shreds blended easier.
-Muffins can be topped with chopped nuts before baking.