Homemade Mushroom Jerky
Plant-based – Gluten-free – Vegan
3 tbsp liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp low sodium vegetable broth
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
Dash chili powder
8-10 portabella mushroom caps (sliced thin).
**Always check to make sure your ingredients/products are gluten-free and vegan (if desired) before purchasing as manufacturers may change ingredients.
Directions – Prep
1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for mushrooms.
2. Add mushrooms to marinade and toss gently to coat.
3. Cover your bowl, place in fridge and let mushrooms marinate overnight.
Directions – Cook
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
2. Spread mushrooms on baking sheets and bake for 2 hours.
3. Let cool. Transfer mushrooms to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.